Learn Today - Earn Tomorrow!
RACS is proud to encourage and support student scholars with career aspirations in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health related fields. We are the only charter school that has established a partnership with Monroe Community College (MCC) to help students prepare academically for the exciting career opportunities these specialized professions will offer in the coming years.
Purpose of STEP and Program Services
To increase the number of historically underrepresented and economically disadvantaged students prepared to enter college, and improve their participation rate in mathematics, science, technology, health related fields and the licensed professions. STEP provides academic enrichment in science and mathematics content areas. Projects consist of academic year and summer components including:
- Core subject instruction/Regents exam preparation
- Supervised practical training
- Supervised research training
- College admissions counseling
- Standardized tests preparation
- Career awareness/development activities
STEP Improves Student Readiness:
- Enriches science and mathematics instruction
- Provides laboratories for supervised training in research method
- Conducts summer programs
- Provides standardized test preparation and practice
- Assists students with the college application process
Students who complete the high school STEP program will most likely be enrolled in the CSTEP program at Monroe Community College (MCC). The Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program, also known as CSTEP, is nationally recognized by the United States Department of Education Office of Vocational and Adult Education as one of the nation's top eight programs.