Rochester Academy Charter School has a dress code policy to help create a safe and orderly environment, instill pride in our school community, and eliminate the competition and distractions caused by varied dress styles. You will be expected to arrive in dress code every day. Please cooperate, display modesty and neatness, and take pride in a clean, neat and attractive uniform. School Uniform can be bought from school.
Interlock Performance Polo. Approved Colors: Navy blue or light blue uniform shirts with school logo
Any style that fits properly, worn at the waist. Approved color: Khaki/ tan and black.
Knee-length, with no designs or logos. Approved color: Khaki/ tan and black.
T-shirt, sweat pants or shorts at knee length. PLEASE NOTE: Athletic wear is only approved for PE and need not be of a specific color.
- Jewelry and accessories should be appropriate for school and not attract undue attention. RACS reserves the right to assess the jewelry’s appropriateness.
- Hats, caps, scarves and other headgear may not be worn in the building, with the exception of religious headgear.
- Flip-flops, slippers, heels over 1” or open-toed shoes are not allowed.
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. See through or fishnet fabrics, ripped clothing, tube tops, off the shoulder, spaghetti straps or low cut tops, bare midriffs, and skirts or shorts shorter than knee-length are prohibited.
- Glasses may be worn for vision correction only. No sunglasses, 3D glasses, or costume glasses are allowed.
- Cosmetics should be appropriate for school and not attract undue attention.
If a student arrives at school out of uniform, parents will be called, and the student will be kept out of classes until you are dressed appropriately. All class time missed will count as an unexcused absence.
NOTE: IN ALL INSTANCES, THE BUILDING ADMINISTRATOR SHALL BE THE FINAL ARBITER OF THE SCHOOL DRESS CODE.