LOCATION: 2613 W. Henrietta Road Rochester, NY 14623
PHONE: (585) 279-4900 (Dr. Robert Weisman) Phone: (585) 279-4454 (John Wegman) Phone: (585) 279-4925 (Otis Eddington)
FAX: (585) 461-9504
The Living Room, Spiritus Christi Mental Health Center
LOCATION: 121 N. Fitzhugh Street Rochester, NY 14614
PHONE: (585) 325-1180 ext. 114.
HOURS: Wednesday 1:00pm-6:00pm.
SERVICES: Walk in services; no appointments needed, peer counseling for persons with mental health issues interfering with daily living.
Mt. Hope Family Center
LOCATION: Mt. Hope Family Center, 187 Edinburgh St, Rochester, NY 14608
Referral Information for Clinical Service: Ms. Kendra Welch, email@example.com
After School & Summer Camp: Mr. Michael Ripple, firstname.lastname@example.org
Life Line, Health Association of Rochester and Monroe County
LOCATION: One Mt Hope Avenue Rochester, NY 14620
SERVICES: *24 hours/day Telephone crisis line for all emergency and non-emergency mental health, medical, and human service issues. Link to all services in the country, including poison control, mental health suicide, alcohol and drug abuse for teens.
Catholic Family Service of Rochester
LOCATION: 87 N. Clinton Avenue Rochester, NY 14604
FEE: sliding scale, accept Medicaid.
Strong Behavioral Health
LOCATION: 300 Crittenden Boulevard Rochester, NY 14642
SERVICES: Diagnosis and treatment for all mental health issues for all ages. Inpatient and outpatient services, group therapy, discussion groups, and support services.
FEE: sliding scale, Medicare/Medicaid
AGENCY NAME: Hillside Family of Agencies
ADDRESS: 1183 Monroe Ave Rochester NY 14620
PHONE: (585) 256-7500
Fax: (585) 256-7880
SERVICE SUMMARY: Children's center providing services and support to youth and families, preventive services, placement and adoption programs, education and day treatment services, short and long term out-of-home placements. · Food: For residents only · Shelter: Emergency foster care placements · On-site Shelter: Yes · Clothing: For residents only · Medical: For residents only · Drug and Alcohol Treatment: Referrals for residents only · Job Training and Referral: Arranged for residents only
AREA SERVED: Monroe County and the surrounding counties
APPLICATION/REFERRAL PROCESS: Call telephone above HOURS OF OPERATION: 7 Days -- 24 hrs
FEE FOR SERVICE: Sliding scale
AGENCY NAME: Rosa Wims Outreach Center The Health Association
ADDRESS: 176 Genesee St Rochester NY 14611
SERVICE SUMMARY: YMCA classes, GED classes, computer classes
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY: Must have a diagnosed mental illness
AREA SERVED: Monroe County
APPLICATION/REFERRAL PROCESS: Call telephone number above
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm, Friday, 9am-1pm, Saturday, 10am-2pm
FEE FOR SERVICE: None
AGENCY NAME: Threshold Center for Alternative Youth Services, Inc.
ADDRESS: 80 St. Paul St. Fourth Floor 199
Fax: (585) 454-7138
SERVICE SUMMARY: Multi-service center for youth: 1) Individual, group, and family counseling. Provides assistance with court, family, drug, peer relationship, school, loneliness, and sex-related problems. 2) Community Service program with emergency, advocacy, and referral services. 3) Learning center program providing information and referral, high school equivalency program, tutoring, vocational program, personal and social counseling. 4) Bilingual Staff. 5) Summer recreation program for teens ages 12-15 years old.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY: Ages 12-25
AREA SERVED: Monroe County, no limits
APPLICATION/REFERRAL PROCESS: Appointments preferred. Call office for referral. Walk-ins accepted for health care. Referrals from youth service agencies.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Mon.-Thurs., 8am - 5:30pm, Friday 8am - 5pm
FEE FOR SERVICE: Counseling is free. Sliding scale for medical services if over 18, if under 18 there is no fee for medical services. Medicaid accepted. No person will be denied service for inability to pay.
Outside Counseling Resources:
- Hillside Family of Agencies (256-7766)
- Catholic Family Center (262-7100)
- RGH Mental Health Center (922-2500)
- URMC Adolescent Psych Outpatient (279-7800)
- FACT Team Referral (753-2639)
- Catholic Family Center Mental Health: Phone: (546-7220 x5603)
- Positive Youth Development Programming
- Offering youth a variety of positive youth development opportunities including job readiness workshops, financial literacy education, healthy relationship workshops, youth friendly special events and youth leadership opportunities.
- SOAR Youth Leadership Team: Be part of a team of youth who will work to make real change in Rochester! The SOAR Youth Leadership Team will work to reduce the rates of STIs and HIV/AIDS and unplanned pregnancies among youth in the City of Rochester. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to build leadership skills, help plan teen events, go through trainings, advise adult committees, advocate for youth rights and services and have FUN!
- Benefits of being part of the SOAR Youth Leadership Team are many:
- Leadership skill development
- Service learning/community service opportunities
- Event planning opportunities
- Community advocacy
- Resume builder